Live-in volunteers and interns are vital to fulfilling our mission. They live, work and learn alongside staff members and children and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Our volunteers are intelligent, compassionate, and enthusiastic, bringing a wide variety of gifts and skills to our community and the young people and children they work with.
Volunteering or interning at The Camphill School is an incredible experience filled with new relationships and knowledge that will change you forever. It also can be a gateway to a debt-free education that will enhance or create your career path.
The Tangible Benefits
- Room and board in a safe, secure extended family living environment
- Health and driving insurance
- Access to an automobile
- CPR, lifeguard, and other relevant or required trainings
- Debt-free higher education in the Camphill Academy
- For international applicants, administrative assistance with visas
- Time off during school breaks to explore and travel the US
The Intangible Benefits
- Living, working, and learning amidst ethnic and cultural diversity
- Gender equality and diversity
- Rich festival and cultural life
- Social and interpersonal skills gained by living with people of all ages, abilities, and cultures
- Gaining independence and a greater sense of self
- Forming lifelong relationships
- Opportunity to gain or hone a practical skill alongside our students in activities such as woodworking, pottery, weaving and other forms of handwork, animal husbandry, organic/biodynamic farming and gardening, music, and drama
- Proximity to Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York
Learn more about obtaining a debt-free Bachelor’s degree by attending the Camphill Academy by clicking here.
Read: “Have the Experience of Your Life at The Camphill School: Volunteer Gap Years, Internships, Professional Qualification and a (Debt Free!) Bachelor’s Degree” by Jan Christopher Goeschel from WaldorfToday.com.
For information on being a non-resident volunteer helping for in our classrooms or homes or for group opportunities, please click here.