So you’ve set up your Personal Fundraising Page or Team. Now what?
Taking these steps will help draw attention to your campaign and further your reach, likely increasing donations.
A. Update your Facebook cover photo. A cover photo is the larger photo at the top of your profile, above your profile picture. Like your profile picture, cover photos are public, which means anyone visiting your profile will be able to see them.
To add or change your cover photo on a computer:
- Go to your profile.
- Hover over in the top-left of your current cover photo.
- Click Update Cover Photo. If you don’t currently have a cover photo, click Add Cover Photo.
- Choose whether you want to upload a new photo or pick a photo from one of your existing photo albums.
- Once you choose a photo, you can reposition it by clicking the image and dragging it up or down.
- Click Save Changes.
To add or change your cover photo on an iphone:
- Go to your profile
- Tap your cover photo
- Tap Upload Photo to upload a photo from your device’s camera roll or tap Select Photo on Facebook to use a photo that’s already on Facebook
- Tap the photo you’d like to use
- Drag the photo to adjust
- Tap Save in the top-right corner
B. Add a link in the description to direct your friends to your Personal Giving Page. You can use bit.ly/givingtuesdaycss; it will take you to the site where your friends can easily find you.
C. Share posts from the school, or show a friend how to share your post. If you share a post from the school, and one of your friends shares that post you’ve shared, we’re on our way to going viral!
- Click Share below a post
- Click Share… in the dropdown menu
- To select where you want to share, click Share on your own Timeline at the top of the popup menu, and choose one of the following options:
- Share on your own Timeline
- Share on a friend’s Timeline
- Share in a group
- Share in an event
- Share on your Page you manage
- Share in separate messages
- If you are sharing on your own Timeline and want to select who can see your post, click and choose one of the audience options
- If you’d like, write a message
- Click Post