Students are admitted on a rolling basis throughout the year or can apply for expected vacancies occurring at the start of a new school year. After completing the admissions process, a student may be placed on a waiting list in the event no immediate vacancy exists.
There are several steps to our admissions process:
- An initial inquiry is made by the parent/guardian or the student’s local school district, to which a reply is sent by The Camphill School with pertinent admissions-related information.
- Camphill receives the student’s current IEP, recent evaluations, and pertinent information about the student.
- The parent/guardian arranges for an initial tour with the student to The Camphill School community for a visit with the potential class teacher and daily-living-skills teacher.
- If mutual interest exists in pursuing admission, the parent completes our application and a more formal assessment is scheduled. At this time, parents/guardians will be scheduled to speak with the prospective daily living skills teacher and class teacher.
- If further evaluation of the student is required, they may be asked to return for added classroom participation, or the teacher may request to visit the student at their existing placement or speak with their current teacher.
- The appropriate faculty group then collaborates on an admissions decision for the prospective student. If accepted, an acceptance letter is issued, including conditions, if any, as well as an enrollment packet with required pre-enrollment forms.
- Complete this form to request a tour or for more admissions-related information.
Complete this form to request a tour or for more admissions-related information.
Tuition rates are established annually by the school’s Board of Directors.
We are able to accept both school district and private funding in order to cover the tuition costs for both boarding and day placements. Limited Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying families and can be applied for after a student has been accepted.
Even full tuition, however cannot cover all of our costs. We depend on contributions from friends, parents, grandparents, corporations, and foundations to fulfill our mission. All families are asked to support the school to the extent possible.